Posted by Jintao Du on
Soft hues are your spring and summer staple. Injecting doses of colour whilst still maintaining elegant subtlety, they’re perfect for the warmer days ahead. Pastels are timeless.
When you think of your mellow yellow, dusty pink, baby blue or mint green, we see them pop up season after season on runways. So versatile, it’s all about how you decide to style these beautiful shades. Whether you go for a monochrome or tonal look, mix pastel shades up or combine with your classic neutrals, you’re bound to end up looking effortlessly chic.
What goes with pastel colours?
Like we mentioned before, it’s free reign when it comes to mixing any pastel shade with neutral ones. Beige, mocha and off-whites are a perfectly warm choice when it comes to styling during the summer.
When it comes to colour blocking or mixing up your pastels, we like to follow these rules.
- Pastel Blue: we love to mix our blue’s with dusty rose, lilac, periwinkle, coral, grey, nudes, and off-white shades
- Pastel Purple: for a lavender shade, combine it with other hues of purple or earthy tones such as greens and blues
- Pastel Green: with your mint shade, style with darker green tones like amethyst and emerald, or, opt for your neutrals
- Pastel Red: go for champagne tones and light pinks, or keep it classic with white and ivory tones
- Pastel Pink: a baby pink shade is a go-to for summer. Style with light browns and beiges, or light blues and darker greens